Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February 1 - Putting my Money where my Mouth is!

When I started on this journey I had decided that I would devote a year to learning about amazing causes and sharing the things that I have learned with anyone who wanted to come along for the ride.  My goal was to inspire a little "common man philanthropy."  Hopefully we have inspired others! My year is almost over... just one month to go!  I have to say, the journey has had a HUGE impact on me on many different levels.  I have learned things about myself and have been inspired by so many wonderful people out there!  Hopefully others have benefitted in the same ways.

I am putting my money where my mouth is!  


One Way Every Day has a Facebook page!   Currently, I have 128 people who have "liked" One Way Every Day on Facebook.   I WANT TO BE LIKED! (really though, don't we all.)  Tell your friends, family, coworkers, enemies... whoever, it doesn't matter as long as they like me!   And by "liking" me, they can also help provide food to hungry Americans.


For every person who likes One Way Every Day on Facebook during February, I will donate 11¢ to Feeding America® — enough to secure one pound of groceries on behalf of a local food bank.  At the end of February, I will donate one pound of groceries for each person who likes me, including the 128 "likes" I currently have.   (Maximum donation will be 1000 likes.)


Right now, millions of Americans are struggling with hunger. We all know and are in contact with people affected by hunger, even though we might not be aware of it. These are often hard-working adults, children and seniors who simply cannot make ends meet and are forced to go without food for several meals, or even days. Most of us simply have no idea.

Check out the Hunger Statistics in your State.


I have been preaching about 'doing what you can,' and 'making a difference' and I thought it would be fitting to do something with those of you who read this blog. This is an easy way for you and I to make a difference together.


Use the link below to go to the One Way Every Day facebook page and click on the "like" button!  Or, you can locate the "Find Us on Facebook" box on the left hand side bar of this page and you can click on the "like" button there.  It is so simple!    So pass it on - do what you can, where you are, with what you have!


P.S.  -  I am going to continue with the project, even after the year is over.  There may be some minor "tweaks" to the process, but this journey has inspired me to do and be better every day, so I want to continue.  Plus...there are still so many awesome causes and charities out there to highlight, so stay with me!








Find One Way Every Day on Facebook.
Help me spread the word about One Way Every Day. LIKE me on Facebook!



Source: http://www.feedingamerica.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Japan Earthquake Relief

Shop My Zazzle Store


Make personalized gifts at Zazzle.