Friday, December 3, 2010

December 3 - National Mutt Day! (One Day Later)

I can't believe I missed it!!  Yesterday was National Mutt Day and I totally missed it!  I have a mutt (chocolate lab / australian shepherd) and he is an awesome boy... my apologies to Rascal and all the other Mutts out there!  Next year, I won't miss!  Although I am a day late... it is not too late for you to make a difference in the life of a shelter dog! 



National Mutt Day was created to raise awareness of the plight of mixed breed dogs in shelters around the nation and to educate the public about the sea of mixed breed dogs that desperately await new homes. Mixed breed dogs tend to be healthier, better behaved, they live longer and are just as able to perform the duties of pure bred dogs - such as bomb and drug sniffing, search and rescue and guiding the blind.


There are millions of loving and healthy mixed breed dogs sitting in shelters, who are desperately searching for a new home. So please visit your local shelter and find a new friend today! If you can't adopt a mixed breed friend, please donate at least $5 to your local animal shelter, as they all need financial assistance and every dollar counts!


You can also volunteer to walk a dog, donate food and other supplies needed to your local animal shelter or make a donation in the memory of a loved dog who has crossed the Rainbow Bridge.


The goal is to save 10,000 Mutts this December 2nd from coast to coast!  ADOPT A MUTT! 


PLEASE SPAY AND NEUTER YOUR PETS!



Get Involved:

Find a shelter in your area. 

Find an adoptable animal near you....









Find One Way Every Day on Facebook.
Help me spread the word about One Way Every Day. LIKE me on Facebook!




Resource:  National Mutt Day
                    adoptapet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Japan Earthquake Relief

Shop My Zazzle Store


Make personalized gifts at Zazzle.