Sunday, January 16, 2011

January 16 - Help Yourself while Helping Others!


How many of you made a New Year's Resolution to lose a few pounds?  How's that been going?  Did you know that you can lose those pounds and help others while you are doing it?   YES!  Okay,  I know it was only a few days ago that I was recommending that you buy your Frosty key tag to support Adoption charities and now today I am telling you to drop some pounds!  Sounding a little fickle, aren't I?  Oh well.. buy the key tag because it supports a good cause and try not to eat too many of the frostys. 


I know there are many people out there like me.  I have  been semi-dieting for the last several months and I have lost 21 pounds... which is a good thing... but now I have a new motivation.  I can help provide food to a local food bank by pledging to lose weight.  I have pledged to lose an additional 24 lbs. so that means I will secure 24 lbs of food for a food bank I designated in my area.  AWESOME!  


Last year, The Pound For Pound Challenge helped Feeding America® secure more than 6.2 million pounds of groceries on behalf of local food banks. The Pound For Pound Challenge is back for year three and with your participation, we hope it is even a greater success!



For every pound you pledge to lose through May 31, 2011, the Pound For Pound Challenge will donate 11¢ to Feeding America® – enough to secure one pound of groceries on behalf of a local food bank.  Did you know that hunger is a struggle for 1 in 6 Americans?
 
 
Feeding America provides low-income individuals and families with the fuel to survive and even thrive. As the nation's leading domestic hunger-relief charity, their network members supply food to more than 37 million Americans each year, including 14 million children and 3 million seniors. Serving the entire United States, more than 200 member food banks support 61,000 agencies that address hunger in all of its forms.
 
 
So, make a pledge to lose a few pounds and then follow through... you will be helping others and you will be helping yourself! 
 
 
 
Get Involved:
 
Pledge to lose pounds in the Pound for Pound Challenge.
 
Donate to Feeding America.  -  This is for you skinny folks out there who have no need to lose weight...you know who you are!   : )








Find One Way Every Day on Facebook.
Help me spread the word about One Way Every Day. LIKE me on Facebook!



Source:  NBC  -  The Biggest Loser
               http://www.pfpchallenge.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Japan Earthquake Relief

Shop My Zazzle Store


Make personalized gifts at Zazzle.